Monday, May 12, 2008

It Only Creates Expensive Urine

I have been involved in a private family practice for over 30 years. For over 23 years, I did everything possible to keep my patients from taking nutritional supplements. After all, this is how I was trained at the University of Colorado Medical School. Even though I really did not receive much, if any, training in nutrition during my medical school years, I certainly remember my professors telling us that supplements only created expensive urine. They insisted that patients only needed to eat a healthy diet to receive nutrients necessary for optimal health.

During the past 12 years, I have researched the medical literature and the scientific studies to learn if there are really any health benefits for my patients who take high-quality, complete and balanced nutritional supplements. This was certainly not something I heard from the pharmaceutical reps who were always invading my office. This is something I had to research on my own. I will be presenting the medical evidence that demands a verdict—should you be taking nutritional supplements? These "Health Nuggets" will allow you an easy, convenient way to learn how to become proactive in protecting your health or even possibly regaining your health.

Source: Dr. Strand Health Nuggets (newsletter@Bionutrition.org)