Thursday, July 24, 2008

Health Nugget - Multiple Sclerosis - an Amazing Story‏

During the first year I began studying nutritional medicine, I met a wonderful young woman who had been suffering from multiple sclerosis for nearly 5 years. Evelyn received appropriate medical treatment for her MS; however, her disease quickly progressed, and she could only get around with the help of a walker. Within 6 months after taking the nutritional supplementation I now recommend to my patients, she was able to walk again by herself. The feeling came back into her legs and feet. Of course, she still had her MS, but I had never seen such a dramatic improvement before in any of my MS patients.

Multiple sclerosis is an autoimmune disease that destroys the myelin sheath of your nerves. The medical literature shows beyond a shadow of a doubt that the root or underlying cause of this disease is oxidative stress. By building up my MS patients' natural defenses, I have witnessed some amazing improvements. Not everyone responds to the aggressive nutritional supplement program I recommend; however, I have seen at least a dozen MS patients go from wheelchair-bound to walking again. There were also cases like Scott who was unable to feel anything below his waist because of his MS and within just a few months was able to regain his feeling again. Being involved with these patients has certainly shown me the healing potential of providing the body with optimal levels of nutrients.

Source: Dr. Strand Health Nuggets (newsletter@Bionutrition.org)