Thursday, July 17, 2008

True Health Care Provider‏

When I received my M.D. degree from the University of Colorado Medical School, I believed I had become that true health care provider I always dreamed I would be. This is certainly how my patients viewed me. They would ask me any question about their health and how to protect it, and I would quickly answer them with the authority my M.D. degree gave me. However, if I were honest with myself, I really did not know much about how to protect their health. However, after researching the medical literature about the health benefits of taking high-quality nutritional supplements during the past 13 years, I realized that I had really just been a "Disease-Care Expert." I understood disease, how to diagnose it, and how to best and most effectively treat it.

When I understood the consequences of oxidative stress and that it was the root cause of over 70 chronic degenerative diseases, I realized that our bodies give us the best chance of avoiding and preventing these diseases instead of the drugs I can prescribe. When you consume high-quality, complete and balanced nutritional supplements, you build your body's natural immune system, natural antioxidant defense system, and natural repair system. This gives you the best chance to protect or even regain your health. I am now that "True Health Care Expert" I have always desired to become. These "Health Nuggets" are designed to share the simple, but effective lifestyles that can best protect your health.

Source: Dr. Strand Health Nuggets (newsletter@Bionutrition.org)